Feb 23.2021

Today is a snow day here... The 2cms ended up being over 25cms. But it is light and fluffy... The dog will get a walk later, when its been plowed some and safer! I'm currently purging the house of all kinds of stuff. Christmas decorations, no longer needed items that are either being sold or donated ( so far the things i;ve sold is 350.00 in my pocket). Some of the items are ebing gifted dirctly to people who need them. Others are being given to the local Sally Ann to be sold. The plan is to slowly renovate the basement, one section at a time. The ceilings will be cleaned and painted white, the center jack post will be moved and 2 will be added to bear the load. ( the center jack post is almost directly in front of the stairs... the floors are going to b painted to help keep the dust down, and when the time comes to add floors, it will make for a cleaner job. This will take a while, as things will be purchased very slowly... But I'ven been in the house for almost 17 years, so what is another one or two? We are staying safe here, and keeping our steady 10. I do miss my girl, who i haven;t seen in almost 2 years... I'm hoping by September that i will get to see her, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope you are all staying safe, and healthy.

Comments

It sounds like the improvements to your basement will make it more useful and pleasurable.
Great to hear from you, Sam, as always! Sounds like you've got the right idea during this time and getting stuck into some long overdue clearing and reno'ing. Bonus that you've made a little cash by selling some things you don't need anymore! Your plans for the basement sound good - one little bit at a time. Stay safe & well, and let's hope we can be back to somewhat normal by the autumn xx