Jan 17/19

So this first month of 2019 is now half over. And what's been happening around here?

Not much! ( Which is a good thing).

I'm still attending appointments every week... I'm making a conscious effort to keep one day during the week free, but some weeks that's impossible. I'm still on a gradual return to work at my Ft job and working little bits at my PT job.


Today is my free day, so I'll be doing some house work, visiting with my cousin and picking up DB at his home and bring him here for supper.  It's easier for me to pick him up than for his dad to leave work, pick him up and come back which would be an hour for him. It's the same for me, but it gives LG time to rest his back, shower and relax for a bit. My plan is to have everything prepped for supper, and then cook it when we get back.

My money is less than what I have had, but i'm making it work! I have 11 years left on my mortgage, and 7 of the LOC. I'm hoping to have both gone by Dec 2025. Fingers crossed.

My lovely female dog is doing quite well. She seems to be much better at being a lone dog. I miss my boy something fierce. It's still strange to come home and not see him dancing at the top of the stairs with a shoe in his mouth.

I'm slowly getting the house clean. I've realized that I'm a Q-tip cleaner. What I clean has to be spotless and at this point I cannot do the whole house like this in one day... So I'm slowly getting things cleaned  ( deep clean) and keeping up with with the day to day stuff... I've also come to the conclusion that while i have messy spots in the house, behind the closet doors and drawers, cupboards, I'm very organized.

I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year. I've got to get a few groceries today, as they are predicting a massive snow storm for Sunday ( 40-50 cms), and I know that the stores will be super busy on Saturday... I have to work Sunday at my FT job, so I'm making plans to potentially stay with my mom on Sunday after work. It's close to work and she won't be alone for this one.

Comments

Happy new year, Sam (is it too late to still be saying that?)! I hope the snowfall isn't as bad as predicted, but glad you have someone to hibernate with if needed. We've got snow in parts (north), but down here it's just chilly and wet. Yuck. Anyway, hope 2019 is one of stronger health, love and a little magic for you. Love, NLA xx
Jane said…
Eeek - did you get all the snow that was forecast?? We're in a deep freeze right now and my furnace is working hard to keep the place warm. My furnace is 24 years old and will need replacing probably sooner than later. I'm going to keep it in repair for as long as I can. That'll be a big purchase and not looking forward to it. Glad your female dog is getting along well on her own - it must be harder on you than her by the sound of it.