Change in the season...

Depending on where you are in the world, today is the first day or Autumn ( Or tomorrow depending on your calendar LOL) or spring...

I love the fall. Soups, wool socks, bon fires, pumpkins, falling leaves, the change in the air, and the color! Red, yellow, orange, and add in some purple and I'm a happy girl!

Today is the first day in a very long time that I can honestly say that I feel like myself. It's been a long time coming. My sprained ankle has healed really well, they've discovered that I had given my other foot some micro tears in the tendon and a cyst has formed inside the tendon and that's whats caused the pain and swelling in that foot!  Note to self and others don't hold the brake so hard while being hit :). 

I've started working a shift a week at the restaurant again, and it feels  good. I'm in constant motion, which is what my body needs. Standing still for long periods of time, not cool at all... I'm supposed to start a gradual return to my ft job, but there are a few things that need to happen and so far they haven't. So, I'm being patient and  will continue to play their game...

The dogs are always a source of entertainment.  My darling puppy boy is struggling... I'm waiting to see if DD will be home in a few weeks, and she's asked me to wait to have him put to sleep when she's home. He's still a happy boy, but it's hard watching him move and hearing him breath by times. He's been such a blessing to my life and others... :( I know that it's going to be a very hard day all around...

LG is good. He's busy working and he and DB are working on their snowmobiles today.  they're being proactive and doing the work while its warm out.

I'm going to go and do a few more things, but I won't over do it, as I know I'll pay for it over the next few days. Happy Fall!

Comments

T'Pol said…
Good to hear from you. I love the fall as well.
Jane said…
I feel the same as you - I'm looking forward to pots of soup and wearing a sweater :) I just bought leeks yesterday to make leek/potato soup. I love that I can get back out into the woods without being carried away by mosquitoes! Unfortunately today and tomorrow are going to be hot and humid but hopefully then it will cool down a little. I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to use the furnace yet :) Glad to hear you are on the mend!!