July 3/18

June has come and gone. We had a lovely trip to Northern Ontario. We spent a lot of time visiting with LG's extended family and seeing the sights. It was a very relaxed vacation, we ate well and laughed lots. we both came home with money in our wallets ( not a lot, but still). It was full of adventure for his son and LG was very relaxed. I'll definitely go back!

Since being home, I've been dealing with appointments. Dr's, massage therapy, chiropractor and physio therapy. There is no sign of me being oked to work at my FT job and I'm ok with it. I may have to go on sick EI, but I've let go of the anxiety of it and decided that I can do this! I'm going to heal this time and not push it!

LG and I adventured to Hopewell Rocks yesterday. It's less than 3 hours from my home and I had never been. It's fantastic! We mooched around the ocean floor, had a picnic and ate dessert at a little cafe. We were home by 5:00 and BBQed for supper. My momma came for supper and we had a lovely time. LG went home just after 9. we spent the rest of the weekend puttering around the homes, doing outside work and cleaning inside as well.

The dogs are good ( my male is way slower than he used to be, but that's to be expected). I'm going to be taking care of my sisters dog while she takes our momma on vacation out west next week. they're going to visit my other sister for a week. My momma is going to stay for another two weeks visiting her sisters  and my older sister and will be flying back at the end of the month by herself.  I'm proud of my mom and how adventurous she is at heart. I hope to be like her when I'm 78!

I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

Comments

T'Pol said…
Hi Sam. I am glad you are having a good time in the summer. Hats off to your mom for flying back all by herself. My mom is 75 and she has slowed down more than I expected. She does not want to go anywhere by herself anymore. Have fun the rest of the summer and I hope you get better soon.
Linda said…
It sounds like you had a great time.
Sounds like a lovely summer! I didn't realise you were off work, but I'm glad you're prepared to take the time to heal. It's so important. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer! xx
Jane said…
You are wise to take your time with the healing process. My daughter finally quit her horrible stressful job at Enterprise and has gone back to her first love - bar tending! She is so much happier. Glad you're getting "around" this summer - where in Northern Ontario were you - it's a BIG place :)