Thursday, Feb 4, 2016

Some how the past 5 days have slipped by and I haven't really done much else besides work... Which has been interesting to say the least. People are unsure of how to act around me or what to say... Those that I have spoken to, I reassure that I am fine. Yes, I feel like I've taken another step back, but I am focusing on the gift of time that I'm being given... I talked to the manager at my PT job and told her that I would still like to work, but I will not be available to work Saturdays or Sundays anymore, as I get two full weekend off every 8 weeks. She was fine with that and I will work 1 or 2 of my days off. I can work short shifts or long shits... Either way I will find the balance...

I made it to the gym twice this week and will get there tomorrow morning for sure. Today, there's a pile of snow down and the roads are greasy I suspect, so I'll be doing some shoveling, walking the dogs and housework all before I leave to work the lunch shift. I work the same two days next week, so I know what my week will look like at least.

I spent 120 roughly on groceries this week, stocking up the pantry and buying the needed items. I think that I will have to do a two or three week challenge to go through the pantry and freezer and use up what's in there, only buying the essentials for those few weeks. I think I will look at doing that from Feb 15 to March 4, just to see what I can do...

The LG and I had two lunch dates this week, homemade soup and beer bread one day, tuna sandwiches the next... Nothing fancy, just a chance to spend some time together...

DD called and she has the shingles... Poor girl... I wish I lived closer, but I will be seeing her in less than 5 weeks now... So excited! She's been getting lots of love and sympathy from her grandmothers, which has been good.

Well folks, that is it for now... Happy Thursday... 

Comments

Jane said…
Shingles are not pleasant, sorry to hear DD has them. I had them twice, brought on by work-related stress. Hope it's not too serious. You sound like you are finding your balance - who cares what other people think!!