Sunday Januray 24/16

This past week has flown by... The month is almost done... Yikes!

So what have I been up to?

I managed to walk the dogs every day but one...  I made it to the gym three days this week and kicked it into high gear at the  work outs. I definitely feel much better mentally when I am done. I worked two shifts at my pt job and worked at my ft job. My ft job is currently filled with a ton of chaos, so I am just waiting to see what and where I will be working... I'm second in senority which counts for nothing but vacation, so I hope to know something soon... I've been waiting on this decision since the end of August...

LG and I are continuing on at a good pace. This week was a different one as his son is living with him ft now, and sees his mother on the rare occasion.  We talk a ton on the phone and continue with lunch dates and hanging out on the weekends. Yesterday he and DB came for supper and we watched movies and sat at the table and talked... until after 11... DB was falling asleep on the couch before they left for home... The dogs love to see them, as they get spoiled twice as much when he's here.

My mom and I ran errands yesterday for over three hours. We grocery shopped, checked out snow shoes and chatted. I bought her a bunch of tulips to brighten her mornings. I bought myself some too...

I bought myself a new wok and some leggings and a shirt for the gym.

I also had my first ever encounter with boll weevils... In my brown rice...  LG and DB were here for super last night, and I poured the rice into the dish and put the liquid on it to bake when I saw things moving in the rice. I just about lost my mind... I had no idea what they were, but LG had an adventure with them a few years ago... Thankfully I stored it in a glass jar! The rice was tossed in the garbage and taken outside immediately... They went to the store and bought me a box of instant brown rice... Which was placed in clean glass jars...

Today, I'm going to join them in an adventure to a shooting range and see how I make out there. I've bought a ham to bake, as I have a craving for split pea soup... Which reminds me that I need to buy some split peas... LOL

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and am amazing week.


Comments

Hawaii Planner said…
Sounds like a great week, and nice work on the workouts! I"m with you - I feel so much better when I make time for it. Although, somehow my brain doesn't remind me of that when I'm tired. ;-) Split pea soup also sounds delicious, but no one in my family would eat it but me. I make soup about once every few months & freeze all of the servings individually for myself. Maybe split pea will be next! :-)
Canadian Saver said…
Sounds like a great week :) Glad your relationship is going well!
Jane said…
I've had a couple of "bug" incidents like that, I still shudder to think about it. One time it was some sort of bug in a bag of walnuts and the other was a sort of moth in hamster food (way back when we used to have a hamster). It was horrifying on both occasions! You've had a great week (minus the bugs) and are getting outside way more than I am. I've been lazy.