Jan 5/16

This month, my goal is a low spend month... So far I've had two no spend days, and I spent 35 on gas and tobacco on Saturday and 8.00 for food yesterday at my pt job... My bills are paid and today is pay day from my pt job, which will go into the bank....

My tv that I bought in Oct 2014 has no sound... It stopped working on Sunday night. SO a new tv will be purchased sometime this month... Which really bites.... 15 months for a tv....

However, I am getting my retro pay next week, so I will use some of the money from that to buy a tv.... I will also be paying off a CC, paying my mother for the plane ticket from September, and who knows what else.

I will buy a few things from the grocery store to help replenish the pantry. I don;t need that much, just a few things...  I also need to but windshield wipers, windshield washer fluid and to return a few things that didn't fit from Christmas.  That will be tomorrow...

I also have to pay for the snow removal, so I will do that tomorrow afternoon as well.

My goals are few this month:

gym x 12 times

low spend/ no spend ( I'd like to have 15 days of no spend)

walk the dogs x 24 ( it's going to be cold this week, so the walks will be 20 minutes or less)...

one  lunch date a week with LG . We talk on the phone a few times a day, but time for just the two of us is scarce... so we have lunch dates at my house, simple food like soups, sandwiches, or salads,  it's  a hour that we can spend together.  ( he works m-f 8-5, I work m-f 3-11, plus two 11-2 lunch shifts, he has his son 5/7 nights a week now, plus I work every second Saturday at my pt job)... These lunch dates are important.

Comments

Hawaii Planner said…
Love the lunch dates - in fact, it reminded me to set up a lunch date with my husband as well. Like you said, time is scarce & it's critical to make time together.
Jane said…
You're making it work!! Proud of you! Re your TV - that's outrageous!! I truly believe things are not made to last anymore!
Lunch dates - how fantastic! Relaxed, fun, delicious :) Way to make it work! I read yesterday somewhere that TVs are now cheaper in Canada than they are in the States. What good timing. Aren't you lucky, then? ;) xx