An early reminder for New Years thoughts...

I proclaim this year as the Year of self care... Healing the mind, body and spirit...

These words I wrote in January in my blog, I didn't write them anywhere else, but it must have stuck in my brain on the sub concision level...

This past year I have done a ton of work on myself in all three of these areas. I have faced so many of my old fears that I allowed to control my life. I've minimized contact with people who drain my spirits and built stronger friendships with other friends. I've faced my fear of heights, my fear of being rejected by men and I continue on my journey of making my physical body stronger. My spiritual growth continues to expand, as I continue to listen to what my heart needs, not what my brain wants...

I have a new but solid relationship with the Lovely Gentleman, who continues to amaze me every day. I express my joy and gratitude with him daily, and no thought, idea or emotion is left unsaid, whether is through the spoken word, a quote or some times just a look.  His son has asked that the three of us do  something together on Sunday again, so we're going to go out for lunch and he also wants to meet the dogs, so we'll take them for a walk as well...

My darling daughter has had a rough start to the year, but since May, her world has expanded and grown too. I am so proud of my girl and everything she has done.    

My friends who help feed my soul are a blessing. One friend called me her "light" this week. I cried as I understood what she meant.

I have witnessed the loss of people from my life, and experienced the joy of seeing friends have new babies. 

I have seen significant financial  gain, as we received the raise we've been fighting for since 2000, I continue to enjoy both jobs and do well at both of them.

As I look back on everything that has happened this year, the good the bad and the ugly, I can say that 2015 has been a banner year!

Now, I need to decide on a word or phrase for 2016. I will post in early Jan on what I decide.

Happy Thursday all!

Comments

Hawaii Planner said…
Love it!! Congratulations on taking risks, and taking care of yourself!