Wednesday, Aug 26/15

What's new? Not much... I worked some crazy hours at my ft job this week... I rolled home from work at 1:15 this morning, only to have to be back at work for 8:00 for training this morning. Can you say brain dead this am? Yes, that would be me barely able to put my thoughts into words. I survived and came home with a burst of energy and cleaned my house, did three loads of laundry and demolished a mountain of dishes... I think that my energy level is starting to increase again...

I worked Saturday and Tuesday at my PT gig, with Friday and Sunday to go for this week. Next week, I'll be working there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ( not 100% on this one yet), then I'll work Friday 12-8 at my ft job, then I'll off until some time on Labour Day ( I suspect I'll work 11-7 or longer that day).  I've worked all the paid holidays so far this year, but I'm taking Thanksgiving off... It's not a paid holiday and I'm taking one long week-end for me this year....

Tomorrow is pay day, so I'll pay my bills and  have that task done. I've started savign bit of money for new sneakers for my pt job. I'm budgeting 100 for these, as my feet are my money maker, so good foot wear is vital... I'll be putting 5/shift away for these. I should have the money saved by November... Maybe I'll buy them on my 46th birthday... LOL

I'm off to soak in the tub, and then I may sit and read, or watch tv for a bit. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Comments

Unknown said…
As another gal who is constantly on her feet, I can attest that good footwear is vital. Do you have a brand preference?
its me, sam said…
I was thinking of you last night! Too funny... I like Merrill and Adidas... The pair I have now I've had for two or three years... They're Merrill's. I'm hoping that I can find a similar pair.
Jane said…
I tried out a pair of Merrill hiking sandals on my weekend hike - they were pretty comfortable but I missed the ankle support that I get with my hiking boots but of course the boots are much heavier. Cheap shoes cause so much trouble throughout your whole body. I can't believe I used to wear heels when I was on my feet 8 hours a day as a bank teller!