It's over...

I took part in a mud based 6 kms obstacle race today and loved every minute of it... with the  exception of the very first obstacle which was wading through and under ice cold, complete with ice cubes, chest high water... Yes, this is where I let my first f bomb of the day go off...  Climbing ropes, shimming up a tree and having a very handsome man catch me, because I got scared. I looked at him and said will you catch me if I fall, and he said yes... I actually managed to grab hands and jump down. I ran over half the race and walked the rest. I discovered that I like to run through the woods and jump over roots and bumps.  I've realized that I'm stronger that I thought, that if I really want to do something I can, once I let go of my fears... Conquering the fear is what it's all about... There were families taking part, people in their 60's, young teenagers, it was truly amazing. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do this. Next year, I'm doing a 12 km mud run somewhere. Not sure with who or when, but this was not my first and only. The energy of the crowd was amazing, the sky was overcast and cool, the smells of the trees and flowers in the woods really added to the adventure.  There were a few minor hiccups, but nothing too crazy. All in all, it was an amazing time. Now that I'm home, I've finally showered, did a bit of house work and waiting for some friends to stop by for drinks. Then, I'm going out to celebrate with some people who completed the run today.... Bring on the Sangria...

Comments

T'Pol said…
Congratulations! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Jane said…
Congrats Sam!! I've heard that "trail running" is becoming a very popular sport! I have a hard enough time staying on my feet when I'm hiking though so will give it a pass :) Well done!