This funk is slowly fading...

This February funk is slowly fading...

What I've realized this month is:

I have to go to the gym on a regular basis... No excuses ( except surgery)... My blood pressure shot up last week for  5 days or so... The only difference in my life was no gym...  Gym time equals stable blood pressure and a happier Sam...

The winter blues hit hard this month... I have/had lower energy levels, general crankiness and I detested every minute of my FT job this month... Which hasn't been the case for a long time...  I really struggled with getting ready to go and stay when I got there... This week has been better...

I can control my spending and monitor my money... I just have to write it all down...

I did spend 111 on tobacco... which is a reduction from 165...  I spent 105 on going out to eat/ coffee and junk food...  Not great but again, better than normal...

I'll have spent 40 on self care ( chiropractor and a hair cut). That's average... Nope I did spend 13.56 on body butter... so 53.56... I should have enough lotion to do me until fall...

Groceries I've spent 152.87 so far... I need some bread, eggs,  rice, etc so I'm budgeting another 40 for the month. I think I did awesome here... Very little waste this month... Insert smile!

I spent 75 for gas...  Gas was cheap and I didn't drive for almost a week... I'm happy with this!

I'll should come in at my monthly average of 100/week from my PT job... That makes me smile for sure!
I did us my CC this week. I booked a one way flight for DD to come home in July. She's responsible for getting back. I had thought about going to see her in April, but this way is cheaper for me... 

I also feel way better when I write all of my thoughts, ideas, rambles out... I believe that when you write it out and put it out to the world, it makes things seem way less overwhelming...  Again, this is a huge bonus...

And now I'm off to walk the dogs... who no matter what it's like out, are eager to go and I'm sure if they could smile, they would be... I'm so thankful for these two fur babies...

Oh, and DD, in case your reading this, love you bunches... See you in July... 


Comments

I find February to be a rotten month mentally as you tend to be so over winter but the bad weather just keeps coming and coming. I will be glad to see some warmer temperatures in March.
Jane said…
I had no idea that high blood pressure and lack of exercise were related! I have done terribly this month at exercising - just terrible. I have no energy or desire to walk/hike or ride my bike. I have signed up for a hike tomorrow but it's anybody's guess if I'll get myself up and out for it.
Glad you're doing better:)