Sunday, August 17, 2014

Two posts in one day? It just gets better!

My borrowed dog decided to eat my dog's pain medication this afternoon. Yes, she OD'ed on pain meds... After a goggle search on the medication, a call to the emergency vet who's 1.5 hrs away, we made a road trip this afternoon. The vet gave her the charcoal treatment to induce vomiting where the evidence was found, IV fluids, and three prescriptions later, we are home. I need to watch her kidney function and for ulcers.  She was a good girl, and I'm hoping this cured her stealing of items off the kitchen counter... Yes, the meds were towards the back of the cupboard, but she's a master sneak... Just ask Jane...

Now, I'm off to enjoy what's left of the day!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Oh my!! What a little stinker! Hope she's ok - thank goodness you noticed and got her to the vet quickly. Sheesh - that must have been scary for you!

its me, sam said...

Yes, she kindly left the empty pill bottle behind...

About Me

Who am I said Sam? I am.... a mother, a daughter, a dog owner, a PF