Sad day in Canada today

Last evening, three RCMP officers in Moncton NB, were killed in the line of duty, and two others were injured.  The city is in a state of unofficial lock down, as the killer has not been apprehend at this time.  This is the little city where I go to shop on a regular basis, and I have dear friends who are officers in this city, and working for the RCMP across Canada. Take a moment and say a prayer over this senseless act, and for those first responders, including the paramedics, hospital staff and the people who are currently in their houses, unable to leave.   RIP, officers in the Red Serge...

Comments

slugmama said…
I was saddened to see this. I was in Moncton on vacation about 10 years ago and I have fond memories of that town.
T'Pol said…
My condolences... Hope the perpetrators will be brought to justice soon.
The Witch said…
Sam,
I was so shocked by this news.
My heart goes out to the families and friends of the officers.
I hope they apprehend him soon.
Jane said…
I wasn't sure where you lived in relation to Moncton Sam. I hope everyone you know there is safe. There is just no reason for such an act, like you say it is senseless. I am glued to cbc/moncton hoping to hear of a resolution soon.
Canadian Saver said…
I'm just outside the city, so it's been a nightmarish week. Friends were in lockdown and I also know some of the RCMPs who work in the greater Moncton area. Yes, there was a collective sigh of relief when he was caught, but I think we lost our innocence that day.

My porch light will be on until after the funerals and the flag at work is at half mast...looking for other ways to demonstrate my gratitude for the officers we have lost, and the ones who were greatly affected by this.