It's staycation time ( No, not really but here's a small idea of what I want to do this summer)

All hail followers of Gail ( Vaz Oxlade)... Her idea of writing a plan for a staycation was great. I've loving reading about what to do in other peoples areas, so I decided to write one of my own.

A list of things to do in my home town...

Beaubears Island tour and Headless Nun tour 25.00... Have the pants scared off you during the evening tour? Priceless! Walking on the island and visiting the crypt of the children of an  early support  of the Mormons? Even better...

Tubing... Floating down a small river with your butt inside an inner tube? Add a small cooler for beverages in can's or plastic bottles? You can be adventurous and pack a picnic lunch to eat on the river bank, or stop at the gut truck and eat there... 15.00 plus gas

Venture on a hiking trail? Free, but get ready to climb some hills... 3 major trails to chose from... Or take a short walk to the river from my house, complete with coffee in a thermos and a chair to sit in, and play fetch with the dogs in the water for a few hours..

Beach day? Kouchibouquac national park has a great beach. I think it's 8/day for an adult... You can stay all day, have a picnic or BBQ, and even use a fire pit until 11:00 pm... Then they make you go home if your not camping! Bring a few extra dollars for their soft ice cream dipped in chocolate...

Mini putt and ice cream,  Maurie's the iconic ice cream stop on one side of the River..  10.00 for both/ adult...

Tour the churches... Small donations are accepted... There are quite a few with some amazing stories... Including one that survived the fire of 1825...

See Tom thumbs boots and two headed cats in one place... I kid you not! Donation at the door...

Dinner or lunch out? Lots of good places to eat... My favorite in a little cafe that has a very small menu but the food? to die for. Lunch can be had for under 15.00, including a tip for 1 person.

There are lots of trails to walk, waters to splash in. An afternoon spent with my cousin, hanging out at her pool, with the fixing for a BBQ would be another great day...  If I bought the dogs, I could even have a few drinks and sleep over... 40.00 should cover some steaks and a bottle of wine or some beer..

I could spending a Saturday morning yard saleing , giving myself a budget of 20.00 for some goodies and books...

 A night at the movie with free tickets from Air miles...

I could also have a fire in my back yard, and we could watch the stars, and track satellites..  Free...

So for 150.00 I could have one adventure filled week... Or spread the job and do one thing a week!

What are you going to do this summer?

Comments

T'Pol said…
Your list looks good and inexpensive. Summer is here now and will be gone before we know it so it is a good idea to make the best of it.

Istanbul is an overly crowded city and summer is the only time when it is actually liveable :)

I was originally planning to stay in Istanbul all summer but an inexpensive opportunity popped up for me to spend some time at the beach. I am writing a blog post about that.