What day is it?

Time is going so fast this summer... The first week of August is almost over...  Yikes.

Here's what's new in my world...

I need to buy a new tire today, as I somehow managed to drive a 4 inch wood screw into a tire... It actually punctured the tire in two places... cost about 200...

DD is here and all of her stuff is now in the living room... She'll be sorting and repacking, as she leaves Friday night for her new home... in Montreal...

I'll be leaving here Saturday with a car full of her belongings ( mainly kitchen stuff and other things). I'll spend a few days assembling furniture and  running errands with her, then off to the US for a little holiday ( I think I'll be bring camping gear instead of staying in hotels). I'm taking my mothers car instead of mine as she has a roof rack and I can borrow a cargo holder, to carry my bags and camping gear).

I managed to sell DD's bed for her, her Kijiji ad brought her nothing but grief, I posted it on my facebook page and it was sold in a day.

I've been a bad dog owner and haven't walked in days... I'm putting my stuff on very shortly and going... Mind you, we've had thunder and lightening off and on since Friday, and I'm not a big fan of walking in that kind of weather.

DD and I manged to take a short trip to visit two of my siblings, we had a blast and I'm a very lucky Auntie... Love my nephews to bits...

I got an email last week from someone I know, who's child needed a room to rent for the school year. I thought about it long and hard, made a phone call saying they could come and check the room out, but please understand that the room was full with DD's stuff.  They loved it and the move in date is the end of the month. That's 350/month for 9 months, and that money will be going directly to my mother to pay off a long standing debt...

In the next few days I'm hoping to make a quick trip to the beach for a few hours of laying in the sun and reading a book, getting DD ready to start her new adventure, and of course, working...

On the 9th,   my blog will be 5 years old... I'm amazed to see that I've stuck with something that long, besides work and motherhood...  Here's to another 5 years ( at least)...

Comments

Out My window said…
We will be renting out our basement bedroom also.