My bank has been trying to woo me with their mortgage for a long time, and I resisted until today... well actually I had a visit with them in March and while I knew I wanted to switched over at a lower rate, I held off. I signed paper work saying I was interested but not committing 100% at that time. By signing the papers, it meant that any drop in the rate ( I was looking at 3.39 for a 4 year term), I would be eligible for. Plus they were going to pay my legal fees, discharge fees, etc. It ended up costing me 900.00 to discharge early, and my new mortgage is 2.99 for 4 years, plus i will have paid off some major debt and have enough to pay cash for a new heating system, that will include air conditioning!
I'll no longer be paying bank fees, and all in all, its the best move I can make for me right now...
If I decide to sell, I'll take the rate with me to a new home... Oh and the added bonus, by doing biweekly accelerated payment, I've knocked 3plus years off the mortgage right away... YIPEE!
Thursday, running out of time
21 minutes ago