Noticing trends...

For the past three years, around the same time very year, my blood pressure goes up... It'll be back to normal again in a few days, but still, enough to cause me some concern. Stress is the key factor in all of this. I tend to feed off others anxiety ( or in other words, others people anxiety makes me anxious)... So tonight, I'm booking myself a little walk, watching what I eat today and slot in a little meditation...

I've also smoked a couple of times, which doesn't help, so I still need to work in that area. However, I'll be successful at beating it this time. Now, I'm off to get a few things knocked off my to do list. I'd like to knock a few heads right now, but that may result in me getting fired, so I'll resist the urge. LOL

Comments

Jane said…
Anxiety feeds anxiety, for some reason. It's the same way with my students - we have to TRY to be calm and neutral with them as our anxiety just makes them more anxious and it just escalates. That's why my new mantra is KEEP CALM and CARRY ON, though sometimes I change it up a little KEEP CALM and DRINK WINE. Or have a smoke, I guess. I couldn't quit cold turkey, I tapered back and back til I was only smoking one a day and that one I would take two puffs, put it out then later two puffs put it out etc. Then, finally, when that pack was empty, I was done. Keep trying Sam - you'll lick it yet!
Maureen said…
Just as well you are not popping in to me for a coffee as my anxiety has never been harder and your blood pressure would go through the roof.
still a walk sounds like a great idea........