Thursday already?

Ok, time needs to start slowing down! This week has just flown by. It hasn't been without a few dips in the road, but since they involve others, I'll keep things close to my heart.

This week-end will find my nest empty, which means I can get a lot of things done! I find it easier to do things around the house when I'm alone, ( sorry DD), so I've made a list and will do my best to get things knocked off the list. I've got my secret bloggy santa person, but they haven't indicated what they would like, so I'm going to have to base it on some obsrevations that I've made about them on their blog.

Money wise, I still have money in the bank ( a little at least) and I'll need to put about 20.00 in before I leave for home tomorrow. I get paid from my PT job this week and it's a small cheque( about 75.00) but every penny counts.

I've also made an appointment for the dog to go to a groomers for a good scrub, nail trimming, etc. It'll cost me around 50.00, but he'll be pretty and hopefully scratch the floor a little less. He's being dog sat this week by my parents, and he's been enjoying himself, hanging with my nephew and keeping tabs on my dad.

I probably won't step foot into the grocery store again this week-end, I do need milk, but I'll grab it at the corner store, so I won't be tempted to wander and pick up stuff that I don't need right now. I'm keeping my expenses down to the bare bones to get a few things cleared, and I'm seeing lots of fun, frugal food in my future for the next week or two.

I do see spending Sunday afternoon in the kitchen, which I love and should keep me focused. I'm also looking forward to getting part of the basement whipped into shape and having a spot to do a painting or two. Actually, maybe I should clean the spot tomorrow night, so I can spend an hour or two getting some thing ready to paint.

In case I don't get around to writing again for a few days, happy week-end eve everyone!

Comments

Sharon said…
Time really does go fast, doesn't it? I don't know what I would do with myself with an "empty nest"...since there is always a flurry of activity in the house. Actually, it sounds heavenly....
Jane said…
I know I know, I can't believe it either! Tomorrow's Friday, it's a PD day so I get to sleep in an extra hour, no students AND a free lunch! I need to pinch myself and make sure it's not all a dream! Happy cooking!
Michelle said…
Time does need to slow down! November is going by way to fast.
Louise said…
sounds like you have a busy weekend planned, hope you get lots done off your list!