Thankgiving dinner our way

Thanksgiving dinner this year was potluck style. Everyone who came made a dish or two. I cooked the turkey ( my mother bought it and stuffed it), plus she made the cranberries and bought a pumpkin pie from Costco. I cooked a 10 lb bag of potatoes, a bag of frozen peas, DD made the gravy and cooked an apple pie that I bought last week from a local youth group. Another friend cooked carrots and turnip, and my cousin brought rolls. We had two tables set up, one in the living room, and the dining room table. After supper, the grown ups washed all the dishes ( I unpacked my china), while the coffee was brewing and the tea was steeping. We ate dessert and went outside to enjoy the heat( I think it was around 24 degrees Celsius) and drink our coffee/tea.

I only spent 11.00 so far this weekend on tobacco, and today I need to buy gas. I made 85.00 working on Saturday night, and worked 8.5 hours. I even managed to get some yard work done and will do a little more today!

I even walked the dog everyday this week-end, and he's a happy boy. Yesterday, he stayed outside for almost 10 hours, when he finally settled for the night, he barely moved!

Today, I'll do some yard work, laundry and have a little fun too!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

Comments

Canadian Saver said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Sam! Sounds like a great meal... saves from one person having to do all the work. I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but my mom bought the one from Costco and they really enjoyed it. It's huge, and for a good price.
Jolie said…
Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a great long weekend.
Jane said…
Wasn't it a fantastic weekend? Such warm sunny weather - such a gift!