I have a confession to make:

ND Chic, I really don't follow a recipe for anything but baking. I usually read over a recipe, make it once and the recipe stays on my memory. ( Yes, I'm a little freakish that way).

Even so, I'll give you the rough outline of how I made my chili last week.

2 large balls of ground beef( about the size of a soft ball)
1 large onion, diced
couple of cloves of garlic( if you wish)
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
1 can white beans
3- 4 cups grated zucchini
1 cup frozen corn
spices- I just used tex'mex spice, crushed chilies, chipotle pepper and franks hot sauce( I don;t measure them, I just sprinkle over the top until it looks ok and tastes spicy enough).

I brown the beef, add the onions and cook them until their soft. I then add the garlic and zucchini, cook until soft. I them add everything else and let it simmer for about 4 or 5 hours. I ended up with 12 cups of chili.

DD will take the beans and throw them in the blender to mush them, as she doesn;t like the texture of the beans, but me? I don't bother.

Comments

~Carla~ said…
Mmm... It is Chilli season once again! I'm not a fan of beans at all... Ick! :P
Nd.chic said…
Thank you so much. I can make it with that much information. That's kind of how I cook, too. I look at recipes for ideas and usually tweak it tomake it my own.