Home safe and sound!

I made it back from Ottawa, safe and sound! On the drive up, I drove through Montreal ( white knuckled). While there I saw the Rideau Canal, signed the condolence book for Jack Layton, went to the market twice! Had a couple of really good meals, a really good Sangria, saw the Caravaggio exhibit at the National Gallery ( here's a link to my favorite painting http://www.artchive.com/artchive/G/gentileschi/gent_holofernes.jpg.html, bought some things for the house ( New dishes), etc, and some birthday/baby shower gifts. I drove from outside Montreal to home and we only had rain for the last 3 hours of the drive.

The house is officially NOT Sold. I'm not relisting for now. I do have to call the Realtor as there is supposed to be a showing tomorrow, but I want my house back and DD needs to feel at home again.

That's my trip in a nutshell. Now I'm off to watch some TV, and read some blogs!

Comments

Jolie said…
welcome home! I am glad you had a good trip. I watched the memorial for Jack yesterday. Very sad.
Canadian Saver said…
Glad you enjoyed your trip!! I wouldn't tackle Montreal, you're courageous!

I watched the funeral yesterday, it was very sad.
jpkittie said…
welcome home - glad you enjoyed your time away!
Johanna said…
Montreal is fun to drive through, NOT! We go through every summer on our way to and from PEI for vacation. Hubby has gotten very good at navigating and now after years of doing it I can manage but it's still not my favorite part of the drive :)
Glad you had a good trip.
Hugs
Unknown said…
Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed yourself. :)
Jane said…
Welcome home! Very sad about Jack Layton, he was so inspirational. I can understand the need to make your home your own again...will you try again next year?