insomnia strikes again!

Insomnia strikes me a few times a year. I have no problems falling asleep, it's staying asleep that haunts me. I fell asleep last night around 8:00, and woke back up around 1:00 am this morning. YUCK. I wake up ready to greet the day and realise that everyone else is still sleeping. I'll read for another hour or two and fingers crossed I get a little more sleep.

Sunday morning I spent 8.00 on breakfast. Sunday afternoon I spent snowshoeing and I'm traning the dog to come along too. I've rigged a short leash to a thick belt and I now have a hands free way to walk him while I'm on the snowshoes. I did have to use his choke chain, as he likes to pull when doing something new. I figure it will only take 1 or 2 more days of training with it and I can use his harness when we're out in the snow. I played him out Sunday, as he broke train for a good chuck of the time, and when we hit really deep snow, he was quite happy to let me break trail and he followed. I thought I'd be much more tired/sore Monday but so far I'm feeling good.

Yesterday I spent 35.00 for gas, and 17.93 for groceries, plus 1.75 on coffee.

Now if I can get some more sleep, I'll be set for the day!

Update: I just checked my bank accounts on line. I wrote a cheque to be cashed on the 7th of Febraury... they cashed it yesterday, leaving me a deficit in my bank account. ARRGHHHH... Now I'll need to call the bank and ensure that I don't get charged for overdraft fees, as someone didn't read the cheque, and I'm suprised that the other bank let it go through. ( I can read the cheque on line and I thought maybe I wrote the wrong date on it!).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had that happen to me too...the school cashed a cheque 2 days in advance. When I called the bank was less than sympathetic. She said that when you write a post-dated cheque, you 'take that chance' and it's a gamble. I managed to get them to just charge me an overdraft fee of $5 instead of a $35 NSF charge. She wouldn't wipe it out completely, which ticked me off.

I have the same problem as you, except that it's permanent. I get exactly 5 hours a night...it doesn't matter what time I go to bed, I wake up 5 hours later and then toss and turn until it's time to get up.
jpkittie said…
that is crazy! Why would the bank let them cash it!!!!


I hope you get a good night sleep soon - I know that I am miserable if I don't get my 8 hours!!!
Grace. said…
I've always heard that if you can't fall asleep, it's probably depression. But if you can't stay asleep, it's more likely anxiety. Either way, it's the pits!
Jane said…
It's not supposed to be "taking a chance" when you write a postdated cheque. I worked at the Royal Bank for years and we always had to cheque the date on a cheque before processing. Have things changed and nobody told us?