Dog hair galore , and a new challenge!

My poor dog is shedding ultra fine hair right now, by the pound. Everything in my house is/was covered in this hair. It manages to embeds itself into every fabric in the house! I've brushed the dog and vacuumed him, the living room carpet and the furniture! This will be an on going battle for the next month or two. If it stay nice, I'll take him tomorrow or Sunday and give him a bath at the dog wash.

I'm having some friends in this evening. We're going to have some snacks, play a board game or two and have a few laughs too! I'm making guacamole and baked nacho chips ( I bought corn tortillas and I'll slice them and bake them in the oven), one person is bringing a veggie tray and I'm not sure what the others are going to bring. I also bought some pop for tonight. I spent a total in 40.00 in groceries today. I also spent 42.00 on an oil change and got lots of work done!

I also stop into a local furniture store and was checking out new dining room tables and fridges. I want a Canadian made table and I'll be looking at close to 3,000.00 for one. I'll have to save 1,000/year for the next 3 years to buy the table, or to break it down into little chunks... 3.00/day for the next 1000 days. Actually it's a little less than 3 years but... I'm thinking that this seems quite doable.... Save 3 dollars a day for the next 1000 days... Could this be a new challenge for those of us who are "non savers"... I'm thinking it could be!

So, lets get saving on February first, 3.00/day for the next 1000 days! Let's call this the "fun pot" and you can do what ever you want with the money but it has to be something that will bring you joy!

Comments

Sharon said…
Oooooooh, I like that Sam! I'm already seeing a wonderful Alaskan cruise on the horizon...for just $3.00 a day!
Canadian Saver said…
have fun tonight!

Good luck on the $3/day savings!
Maureen said…
$3.00 a day could get me some time away with my Sister, that would be fantastic.......
Lisa said…
The dog shedding thing is something else isn't it? Our short haired bulldog sheds like crazy!!!! Who knew?? Luckily it does not happen that often.

The 3.00 dollar a day challenge is quite doable! I am thinking about a cruise........
Me said…
My budget is already so tight with no wiggle room that I could not come up with $3/day to save, above and beyond my tight budget. It would mean cutting almost $100 out of my already wafer-thin budget! Sorry, I can't join you guys on this challenge. I could, possibly manage $1/day, or 50 cents a day, but when you track every penny, and any penny that isn't earmarked to be spent goes directly into savings on payday to remove the temptation to spend it.
its me, sam said…
Makky Mon's I was thinking even if you saved a dine a day for the next 1000 days, it would be 100.00 to spend any way you want! My money is going to come from my smoking habit ( or soon to be non-smoking habit). Fifty cents a day would give you 500.00 at the end of the 1000 days. For me, it's a challenge to slay the dragon of my addiction... I now have a image in my mind of a ostrich holding a sword standing in front of a dragon smoking a cigarette... Now imagine the ostrich swinging the sword ( which is the symbol of my 3.00 per day) and the dragon is my savings account, every cent the dragon puffs out in smoke is 3.00 less towards my goal. Now if I can draw the picture I'll be all set!
Jane said…
If you can quit smoking AND buy the table of your dreams it will be money well-saved and spent. I really hope you can quit smoking. I did about 7 or 8 years ago, thankfully. Never mind the health risks it's bloody expensive too.
Good luck!!!