It's recipe time! ( Martini's and other things)

These are so yummy!


Oprah's Pomegranate Martini
Oprah.com | January 01, 2006
Comments (4) | Like This | Print
Oprah's Pomegranate Martini
Recipe courtesy of Oprah Winfrey
Oprah loves martinis—and this is one of her favorites!

Servings: Serves 2
Ingredients
Oprah's Pomegranate Martini

* 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
* 2 ounces Absolute Citron vodka or white tequila
* 1 ounce Cointreau liquor
* Cup of ice
* Splash of sparkling water (optional)
* Squeeze of lemon (optional)

Directions
Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

* For more information about Rachael Ray, visit www.rachaelrayshow.com.

Here's another good martini recipe:
1/2 ounce melon liquor
1/2 ounce vermouth
1/2 ounce amaretto
1/2 ounce raspberry sour puss

2 ounces of cranberry juice

add all ingredients plus lots of ice into shaker, shake and pour. You can add a cherry to the bottom of the glass if you like. It tastes like cherry Kool-aid, so be careful drinking these ones... You can also add more cranberry juice and drink it that way...


Potato Scallop for Maureen:

( This is just estimates Maureen, I don't actually measure anything!)

preheat oven to 350
wash and peel 5-6 medium/large sized potatoes, thinly sliced
using a round oven proof pan ( I use 2.5 quart/2.3 liter corning ware dish), lightly grease the bottom.
Layer the potatoes on the bottom and about 1/3 of the way up add thinly sliced onion, a little salt, pepper and butter, add another layer of potatoes, then more onions, salt, pepper and onions, add one more layer of potatoes, then top with more butter, salt and pepper. Cover the dish with milk, until it just covers the top layer, bake until potatoes are tender ( I cover it with tin foil and about 15 minutes before it's finished remove the tin foil. It usually takes about an hour). It's yummy served with peas and ham.

DD tweaked the recipe by making a thin white sauce from scratch, adding grated garlic, herb and garlic cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese to the sauce. We used the left overs to make corn chowder... It's so good...

Corn Chowder-
a couple of slices of bacon, chopped, and browned in a large pot, add 1 can of corn kernels, one can of creamed corn to the pot. Add your left over potato scallop, and more milk if needed. You could also used chicken stock if you wanted for more liquid. Simmer for about 1/2 hour. It's good to serve tea biscuits with this to sop up the extra liquid.


I hope you all enjoy these!

Comments

Jane said…
Printing off these recipes right now! Thanks! I have a martini shaker and glasses that I have never used...ever! This is the year:)
Sharon said…
You had me at "martini". I'm going to try the pomegrante martini this year for Christmas Eve! :)!
The Witch said…
Sam,
Thanks for the pomegranate martini recipe. I won a $40.00 gift card for the liquor store so I'm thinking of buying that vodka which is in a cool looking skull's head shaped bottle. I may have to add another $10.00 but the bottle is cool looking.
I just love potato scallop but hubby doesn't. I'll have to change that over the holidays because now I'm craving them.
Canadian Saver said…
I want to try the pomegranate martinis too, have my juice already ($2.99/bottle, not bad). I will see about getting cointreau! I can probably use that in some desserts too.

Thanks for posting these!
Lisa said…
I love the Pomegrante Martini! They are the best!