I'll psot the martini recipe later on and finishing up my work...

Eight hours is what it took today to finish what we all thought would be about 2 hours. I did squeeze in a walk with the dog and breakfast out with my parents and nephews ( note to self, don't go to that restaurant again for a long time. The food was so-so and the service, even worse). My brothers little guy told me this morning, "when you die, I want the dog and your car because you have 2 things I really want." LOL

On the other hand, while we were eating breakfast, he said " I hate having a brother with Autism", which broke my heart. I told him that it was his role to help people understand what Autism is, and how it effects his older brother. I'm not sure how you can help a 6 year old understand the complexity of what his brother lives with every day, but I know that sometimes my brothers youngest needs a break, and he craves time spent with my parents and other nephew, plus the dog.

On Friday I'm scheduled for a hair appointment, thank goodness, as it's been over 2 months since I've had my hair cut. I'm ready for the work week, my clothes are packed, the gas tank is full and my groceries are packed up too. In 4 weeks time, I'll be home for 3 weeks... Yikes, now I just have to survive the next 28 days and I'll be all set!

Comments

Canadian Saver said…
I'm working until Christmas eve 4 pm then off for 10 days... At least we have that to look forward to :) glad you're going to post the martini recipe :)
The Witch said…
I know what you mean about being over due for a hair cut.
Your nephew seems to be having a hard time accepting his older brothers autism, but at 6 years old it's probably a lot to understand.
Your words of wisdom may sink in thought.
Sounds as if he really likes your choice of vehicle and dog.
Kids are so funny with what they think and just say.