Stiff and sore this morning...

Last night I went to an exercise class, that I really enjoy, but missed for the last 3 weeks because I was sick or too lazy to get off my duff to go. ( Mostly lazy). When i went last night, I paid for Thrusday too, as I won't want to "lose" the money buy not showing up. It's a little trick I'll use to motivate myself to go...

I can feel the workout in my shoulders and I'm sure once I get going, I'll feel it in my abs too. I even managed to run 2 laps around the gym without stopping, so I'm making progress! Now if I can skip rope for longer than 30 seconds, it'll be even better.

Which brings me to my next thought or want item: new sneakers and resistance bands. I would really like to get new sneakers for walking/hiking soon. However, winter will soon be here, and I won't be wearing then for a good 4 or 5 months, so I'll start putting money aside for them now and get them in the dead of winter, when I can get them for cheap. My feet are small, so I can usually find last seasons sneakers for around 70.00/pair or less. The resistnace bands are a want, not a need, and they'd make a great gift for me, but I can't justify buying them...

I ended up spending 21.25 yesterday- 5.00 to my landlady, 10.00 for execrise class, 1.25 for a bag of chips, and 5.00 for a 50/50 draw...

Comments

Maureen said…
By tomorrow you should feel as if the toilet seats too low LOL that,s the worst thing about the start of a new exercise regime. But good on you for paying in advance, that,s a really good ploy.
Have you got a birthday coming up ? resistance bands would be a great gift for you.
Jane said…
I'm really sporadic when it comes to exercise too - not being able to make the time is always a handy excuse. Hopefully you'll work out the painful parts on Thursday - and BTW - great motivational strategy!!