I felt very young today...

I dropped DD off to University today and yes, we survived Earl and the lovely rain and winds! I meet DD's room mate and family. DD and her room mate have a lot in common, almost eerily so. I really liked her mom, and I think we'd be friends if we lived closer, but I'm sure that the girls will be well taken care of with care packages from home.

I was probably the youngest parent in the room. I got mistaken for a friend of DD's by a member of the frosh committee ( her comment was " high five me, friend of the frosh). LOL. With my sparkles ( silver) in my hair I'm not sure how they thought I was her friend, but maybe it was my lack of tears and the fact that I was on average 10 - 15 years younger than the majority of the parents. It was too funny listening to some of the questions that parents had. The phrase " helicopter parent kept running through my head, as I'm thinking to myself, DD has got to figure this stuff out for herself, if she wants to grow in to adulthood"

She'll be in good hands at University and classes start on Wednesday, so she'll be busy reading for her first lecture and of course having fun frosh week. So, DD if your reading this have fun and momma loves you! PS, enjoy your week ,and don't forget to call your dad...

Comments

Jolie said…
awwwwww what a nice thing to have happen on such a big day. I'd be bawling my eyes out letting go of my baby. I get teary now thinking of it and I have three years left LOL.
J said…
Sam, it's worse when you have a boy that's 22 years younger than you and you get mistaken for his "date" all the time. lol
Awesome for you and your daughter to have made it to this milestone. That's one thing that kind of surprised me too - how self-sufficient and more mature the children of single parents are. Kind of like how we all used to be before society told people it was a good thing to be a heli-parent or you weren't a good parent.