scared by a hummingbird

That's right, I was sitting outside on the deck tonight, reading my book and drinking water out of my hot pink tumbler from Tupperware, when I heard the distinct sound of a hummingbird. I looked up and didn't see it, so I returned to my book. I was in deep concentration whne I heard the hum coming from beside my right arm. I looked down and I could have reached out and touched the hummingbird, it was about 6 inches from my elbow. It was eyeing my tumbler! I moved my arm, squealed and it flew away! I know that summer is not far away! PS, I have a seminar to go to next week, so I only have to be at my workplace 1 day next week! Thanks goodness, as my quasi-boss is going to drive me crazy! Poor lady cannot make a decision about anything, and I have no patience for that, plus she tells me the same thing over and over and over again, and when you tell her something important, she claims to never remeber the converstaion...

Comments

The Witch said…
Sam,
They can buzz around really quickly.
These little jewels are back and they are thirsty.
Our feeders are just full of them and of course the males are being bossy already.
I've fixed them though I have a feeder at the front and back so they can't be in two places at one time. That way the hungry females can drink too.
its me, sam said…
ok, I'm a not so bright blogger and deleted another comment. Yikes...