What I did today!





3 from scratch butterscotch pies, plus 1 chocolate pie ( chocolate pecan pie minus the pecans).

1 is for a friends, 2 are for a family supper and the chocolate pie is for supper tomorrow night. Total time less than 2 hours ( I bought the pie shells).

Filling for butterscotch pie. Prebake crust for 10-12 minutes. In a double boiler,

mix

1 cup packed brown sugar
4 TBSP corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk

Stir until thickened

then add
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1TBSP butter of margarine

Stir until thickened, pour into precooked pie shell, bake in oven at 350 for 5 minutes.

I put some of the hot liquid into the egg yolk so it didn't cook and scramble.

Happy Saturday! PS its sunny and warm... Feels like early spring!

Comments

Canadian Saver said…
The snow is melting here too!

Those pies look absolutely awesome!!! And your meringues turned out great!

YUM!
The Witch said…
The pies look great.
You are always busy and I'm glad you made as much in tips the other night.
Can't what to see how creative you'll be with the $45.00.
Ria said…
Mmm, those pies look yummy! I haven't made pie in so long; maybe this weekend I'll surprise my roommate with an apple pie! Hopefully it won't turn out too badly!
Sharon said…
These pies look amazing! I've never had a butterscotch one, but I'm guessing it tastes delicious!