I made it home!

Well i survived my first full week of working my new job. ( Actually working in an office not at home). Its going to be a very busy year. Still no word on my raise, but I sent another e-mail today. I didn't like sending it, as I said I felt like I was begging but I also said that I realized that I was going to incur addition expenses in order to take the job but that the wait for the money was causing financial hardship on my family. We'll wait and see what happens.

I spent 5.00 for a beer tonight, 5 for lunch today at Tim Horton's ( clam chowder ... :) ), plus another 17.50 on my bad habit. BTW this week I've cut down a lot , a whole lot like down by 2 packs... I also managed to mow the lawn tonight when i got home and ate free food at a wedding reception ( score one for free food)

Yesterday i didn't spend a single penny! ( First one for the month, I'd like to have another 9 for the month).

I also picked up a shift tomorrow at the restaurant, I'll work an 8 hour shift. I also have one scheduled for next Saturday as well. I'd like to make about 150 in tips tomorrow... Keep your fingers crossed.

I need to buy some chicken and pork for meals tomorrow and a few fresh veggies, plus some things for DD's lunches. Sunday will be a beach day I think, Monday cleaning and getting ready for the week.

I'd also like to say hello to the "Witch" who commented on yesterdays blog! The little island you live on holds my heart strings! My absolute favorite place to rent a cottage is not far from Mill River.

Hmm, just a thought,,, maybe next summer a maritime blogger together on the island?

I used about 3/4 of a tank of gas this week. If I didn't drive so fast sometimes i may get better mileage, but these people who do 95 in a hundred zone... I'm going to pass as soon as i get a chance!

Comments

The Witch said…
Thanks for mentioning me on your blog. I really haven't put myself out there in the public view, although I have been blogging for a year now. I'm just unsure of myself I guess. I really need to comment on other blog sites I enjoy. I see in your list of favorite blog sites you enjoy lots of the same ones I do.

Outside of Gail's site, yours is the only other site I have left a comment on and that was way back when her marriage was over. I felt so bad.

Hope you have a great long weekend.
Anonymous said…
Good luck getting that $150! :)
Canadian Saver said…
I always found that weeks would go by super fast when I was away working... but weekends go fast too!

Congrats on the not smoking as much!!