Wednesday May 27/09

Today I spent 70.97 @ the grocery store. I bought 3 packages of B/S Chicken which was on sale for 8.99/kg ( 45.00 for chicken), 2 small pork tenderloin ( 10.00) which are great for making shish-kabobs or souvlaki, bananas, tinfoil, bread and freezer bags. I bought a package of light bulbs too.
I think I have enough meat to last for the next 6-8 weeks. The chicken breast are huge and DD and I can spilt them. If that's the case that's 15 meals right there. I may go tonight after work and get some more GB and freeze it too.

I have enough stuff in the pantry that my goal for the next 6-8 weeks is to only buy the essentials of bread, milk, veggies and fruit. Oh and maybe one of 2 things to bake with.

I'd really like to squeak by with only spending about 30/week for the next 6-8 weeks, plus budget an extra 70 for dog/cat food ( for the next 6 weeks). I will make an exception when the strawberries are in season, as i plan on buying a flat or 2 and freezing them ( that should cost about 50.00).

I also have a budget of about 50 to spend for flowers, etc. I'll get them next week with my tip money.

DD packed last night and has 60.00 to take with her.Everything but super tonight is paid for, and they don't have a ton of free time while they're away. Last night I fell asleep on the couch and she actually did 2 loads of laundry!

Comments