update on physio

OK, almost one year ago I slipped down a set of stairs, while working. When I hit the stairs, I hit the base of my neck, my mid back, my lower back and under my butt.I proceeded to slide down the rest of the stairs. LOL I was in pain but at the hospital they just x-rayed my neck, and nothing was wrong.

Today at physio, I couldn't close my eyes and stand on one foot without losing my balance. She checked out my spine and then checked my tail bone while I was laying down ( which was very awkward but I really didn't care). She then told me my tailbone had gotten jammed upwards when I fell ( most likely while I slid down the stairs on my back, I vaguely remember rubbing my butt and swearing very loudly) and that's what has been wrong with my back for the last year. I've been over compensating for the injury has cause a lot of small muscles to seize up.

I go 3 x a week starting Monday and have exercises to do every day. I can barely do most of them... I have a feeling its going to be a long process... I didn't spend any money today either...

The good news is I called workers comp and they figure they'll pay for the physio. I called my DR and they'll mail them a letter plus so will physio...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I hope it gets better soon. Poor you!
Canadian Saver said…
I can imagine the pain somewhat, I once cracked my tail bone and was in incredible pain for more than a month... I hope physio helps, as lower back pain can last years and years and years...