I have an idea for a small business...

Today, while working, I had an idea. I love to cook and buy groceries. Yes I'm an oddity in the real world, but not in the blogger world!

What if someone for a fee, would buy your groceries for the week, plan out a five day meal plan along with ideas for breakfast and lunches and even do some of the prep work for you, in your own home, while showing you how to do some of the work? I would build a questionnaire for people to complete, and I would not buy things like flowers, personal hygiene products, pet supplies, etc. I was even thinking of doing a baking lesson in home with people? They'd pay up front for the groceries, getting their receipts back.

Would you use a service like this or know of people who would use a service like this? I'm thinking of booking an appointment with CBDC to go over my idea? The over head would not be much to start, some flyers and business cards, plus a couple of coolers for storage.

Comments

Jane said…
I think that would be a godsend to a lot of people. So many people these days subsist on take-out or restaurant meals. And that is so expensive too. I think in these more frugal times people are looking for healthier and more frugal options. sounds like a great idea to me!
Maureen said…
Busy working Mums or busy Professional people would love to be able to use a service like that. I think it,s a fabulous idea and well worth following through.
Louise said…
I think there's a market for that sort of service, just make sure you charge enough for your time.

Another service that you could offer is a series of classes where people could learn how to menu plan, shop frugally and cool healthy meals from scratch.
I am sure there are people who would use a service such as this! Great idea!
Canadian Saver said…
This reminds me of the Food Network show that Sandi Richard hosted.. There are a lot of ppl who would need the service, not sure how many would actually pay for it though. Flyers are easy to make, print, and mail ( just 12 cents each) so you could get feedback pretty fast.

Another service you might offer is picking up prescriptions for seniors and driving them to their appointments!

Good luck!
Anonymous said…
This has been done... I forget the name now but she had really awesome meals. I think the way they did it was the person hired would look through flyers for your area, then construct a meal plan with recipes based on what was on sale or had coupons, then send you the bundle. It was pretty cool.. And inexpensive from what I remember.