ST. Paddy's day-2023

Oh, how the Irish and those that wish they were Irish will celerbrate today! I'm working tonight, as I'd rather save money than spend money on a hangover. ( that's my scottish roots taking hold) LOL LG is away on his work rotation. It changed, and this time he will be away for 2 weeks, and then back to a 3 week schedule. I'll be working 9/14 days he is gone this time, and I usually only work 12/21 days he's away. It's flying south time here, and many of my co-workers are headed down south, hence me working so much right now). Yes, it is hard when he is gone, but we do face time once or twice a day ( Depending on my work schedule). He's paid off 1/2 his divorce debt since mid-August. ( His divorce was final last April, after they had been split for 7 years, they split in March of 2015, we met in September of 2015). He kept the house, hence the debt. His son is living in the house (He is 20 now), and it will be signed over to him in another 10-15 years. That is LG's only debt. I did buy a new to me vehicle over a month ago. It's my only debt, and it's less than 200.00 biweekly for 64 months. I can pay it off at any time if I chose... Which I won't. I still have my Fit, and I will be putting it up for sale next month. It's value is around 8,000.00 CDN. That money will go into the bank. I have a few projects planned for the house, and that cash will help pay for them. We had a lovely visit with my darling daughter and her fiancee in early March, It was a very busy few days, but it was so good to move around the city. I went in November for the first time since 2018, and I love the area she moved to. I'm planning on seeing her about 4 times a year now, as LG flies in to her city every 3 weeks, and when he is on his return home, I like to meet him there and we visit with my girl for a few days. It's a win /win all around. While we were away, Miss A had a vaction at a kennel. She was the queen bee while she was there. She actually acted like a dog, and interacted very well with the other dogs. Here, at home, she is still hyper protective, and doesn't like anyone she doesn't know , even walk by the house. I will continue to take her there once a month or so, just for the day or any over night stay, so she will stay familiar with the owners. ( Who are absolutely amazing).

Comments

I would not have survived if my divorce had lasted that long. It is good your dog is happy at the kennel.