My former career

while I won't clearly spell out my.old career, I will say it involved hours of static standing by time, and also included that ability to react to any suitation using physical strength if necessary, through non violent intervention, among other things. I lost the ability to provide a safe environment for myself, my coworkers and the clients I served. Another hindrance was the work gear. ( It added about 10 lbs onto my.body). I grieved hard when it all came apart in 2019. ( and I knew I was in a bad place, mental healthwise, when I can close to setting the house on fire 3 times in the span of 6 weeks, due to my own fatigue and stress levels). I went to counseling for a year to help sort through my emotions. I had to grieve a lot of losses, ( part of our identity as an adult is caught up in our career choices, and I'm still shedding that identity ). It was a unionized job, and to be very honest, when I went for help from them, I got some shoulder shrugs and an "oh, well" attitude. There are times when you pick your battles, and my health was my priority ( and still is). Yes, serving is hard work, but my body is moving constantly.I rarely sit down and the little bit of time I'm standing still, I'm usually still moving some part of my body. I find at my.other part time.job hard on my neck and shoulders. but I show up and get things done. I will be looking at numbers soon and make a decision about retirement time frames then.

Comments

I have thought about it and read your post to Tommy. He thinks law enforcement or some sort of guard is what you did.