September 2020

Hello all, I hope that this year of covid finds you healthy and happy ( taking into account all of the craziness in the world right now). Things have changed here very little, besides wearing masks into stores, and not going out to eat very often). Many of my friends have said they have more money now, and time. Time to just be... LG amd I have been working on projects here at my home. A new roof was installed in June with help of family ( and I was not on the roof). A new fence is being built section by section ( thanks to LD's father who's given me/us the wood to build it. He's got a large property that is filled with cedar, spruce and juniper. He's used all the blow downs and has cut all the lumber with his portable saw mill. I/we've spent under a 1000.00 on the fence for things like oil based stain, screws and having the posts set in concrete. My sister, who's looking to have a new fence build in her city, told me that she guesstimated that the fence would cost about 15-20,000 to have someone build and buy lumber... LG's having fun figuring it out, while I'm telling him what i want, and he's making it happen. My mother has decied to sell her home( the family home), the one she's lived in since 1964. It's not a big space, but it's a lot of work, and she's realized that its too much. She'll be listing it soon, and she'll be a wandering soul til she finds the apartment she wants ( she's on a few waiting lists). She's decided that it's easier to sell the house first, stick her stuff in storage, and visit her children until she finds her new space. It wasnt an easy decision, but I think she's happy with it... I'm still ticking along, doing my thing, and I'm hoping by this time next year to have a whole lot more to say. I do keep on lurking around, but can't seem to sit down and write on the computer. Maybe becuse the computer is 11 years old... but it still works ( but not the spell check)... It's been nice to sit and write this morning, I've forgotten what it feels like.... Maybe I'll set it up to write once a month... Get back into the habit... Stay safe my friends, wash your hands and wear a mask... And practice kindness where ever you go!

Comments

T'Pol said…
Good to hear from you Sam. Sounds like you are busy with projects and having a good time. Good luck and stay safe!