It seems a bit surreal...

Hello all!

How is your new reality going?

This has been a very interesting year so far...  The biggest thing on peoples minds is the "virus". Here in my little corner of the world, there are very few confirmed cases, but that does not mean it's not here. We are lucky that 63% of our population live in single family homes, and that only 10% of apartment buildings are larger than 4 stories high. LG and I are fortunate that we can move between our houses... ( We are unofficially living together now, and his dear boy is now staying with us too).  They go to work together 4 days a week ( his work place is working reduced hours, and DB can go with his dad and stay busy for the day).

 I've been spending my days maintaining my health ( and I cannot wait for the chiropractor reopens,
) cooking, baking, studying, reading, etc. I'm working on being mindful of what I'm doing and why I'm doing certain things... :)

My momma continues to keep up the pace. She turned 80 not long ago, and our plans for a celebration fell through. However, she continues to walk daily, practice yoga, knit, bake, etc. She's a retired nurse who has seen the hong kong flu, the asiatic flu, AIDS ( this was her specialty the last 20 years of her career), etc and has always been aware of keeping healthy. Her goal is to live to be 106 with a healthy body and mind... She's doing well...

The new normal is grocery shopping once a week done by me, I leave the house before 8 and do both my shopping and my mothers. I get home, unload and clean things and by the time that is done it's almost noon...  I do have some anxiety beforehand, but it's been getting better with time.  Like most places, things like flour, yeast, potatoes and some styles of meat are limited in finding/buying. I scored a 50lb bag of flour yesterday for 23.00 ( I felt like a goddess on a hunt). I've been using the kitchen aid mixer at least 3 days a week and it now living in the kitchen counter. We have bought shares in a local CSA, and will plant a garden too.  ( LG's father will mill the wood we need, and we will build the boxes). I have an unused cold room in my home ( it has a teeny tiny entrance and freaks me out) and the plan is to have a full sized door installed in the future and that will be LG's job to maintain and keep up. We will be using local farmers for our meat supply also.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is how quiet things are and how clear the skies are.
I am missing having coffee/lunch dates with my friends, social outing... Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Comments

Where do you live? Not your address, just state and generally.
So lovely to get an update from you! It's a surreal and unsettling time, isn't it? We're just heading into another 3-week lockdown (taking us to at least 7 May), but I don't anticipate being back at work before June if things continue the way they are. At least the weather is cooperating and has been in the mid-teens for the past several weeks, and we have access to a garden. We're well & healthy and things could be so much worse. Stay well! xx
The weather is nice here, too. It was 80F today.